Vet Tech Institute of Houston, located in Houston, TX, offers students a hands-on education leading to an associate of applied science degree in veterinary technology.
Vet Tech Institute of Houston is a specialized institution committed to excellence and professionalism in preparing motivated students for successful careers as veterinary technicians through an accredited eighteen-month program that combines interactive lecture and practical training. To achieve this mission, we are dedicated to these objectives:
- We will offer an accredited eighteen-month program that offers in-depth career preparation through both interactive lecture and skill-based training.
- We will seek continuous improvement in our faculty to inspire students and promote and model excellence.
- We will seek continuous improvement in our administration and facilities to promote and support an environment of teaching and learning.
- We will seek continuous improvement in career services to serve graduates and the animal health community.
Part of what makes the Vet Tech Institute of Houston so special is that our students and staff all share a love of animals. It’s what creates lasting friendships and forms the strong bonds with the animals cared for at our on-site kennel.
As a Vet Tech Institute student, you can:
- Graduate in as little as 18 months from an AVMA-accredited program
- Learn to perform important medical procedures that keep animals healthy
- Gain experience assisting veterinarians in surgeries
Our students also work closely with the animals that live in our on-site kennel, many of whom are adoptable after they have received medical care by our students
Learn more about VTI: